Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tasseled Bella, Game Winners, and An Award!

Wow, there is a lot being covered in this one post!! First the Bella ...

Lattebella is ready for spring, so she put on a perky pink top and soft yellow trousers to enjoy a latte at her favorite spot! The image was colored with Prismas and blended with baby oil, then I added some sparkle to her hair and cup flowers' centers with a Sakura Clear Star pen.

The card base is Pretty in Pink and layered with a So Saffron panel that I ran through the 'Bug using D'Vine Swirls. The pretty DP is from the 6x6 Basic Grey Sugared pack that Tanja sent me. LOVE the colors in this pack - baby pinks, honey golds, moss greens, paprika reds, dark chocolate browns - yummy!


I was going to add clear rhinestones to the Nestie panel corners, but suddenly remembered I have a Crop-A-Dile, still in the package!! Why I waited so long to try it, I cannot answer; but I'll be using it again ... soon. It still needed something; ribbon perhaps. Then I remembered that I had all these little tassels I found in a clearance bin somewhere, so I decided to try one out and liked it! Finally, I added some more sparkle by outlining the Nestie shapes and mats with the Sakura, then added dots to the card base border. YESSS! Another birthday card done!

On to the game winners ... the "winners" of my You Need! game are Karen, Lindalee, Mary, and Michelle!! WOO-HOO!! It was a no-brainer really; you 4 were the only ones to comment. It's okay, really. I don't judge myself by the number of comments left on my blog posts! LOL! So let me know what you want - an altered somethin' for your craft space or a crocheted scarf - and include your color choice(s) from SU color families. I'll have 'em done by the end of March.

Finally, the sweet and beautiful Kelly gave me this cute award! You warm my heart, too, Kelly!!
Well, I have more than 10 people to bestow this award upon, so all you STC Sisters, here you go! Grab it up and pass it on to those who warm your heart!

I'm off to work on some swap cards for the rest of the day. Hope you're enjoying your weekend so far!



Happy Creating!
Susan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously love the tassle. I never ever would have thought of doing that but - hee hee, I am so going to steal the idea!

hmmm - how to choose! It's so hard since everything you do is sooo amazing. You know what - surprise me. How's THAT for passing the buck - LOL.....

Lorie said...

I love, love, love this card, Susan! The colors together are beautiful, and the DP with the chocolate background makes the rest just pop off the page! One of my favorite cards EVER!! Thanks for sharing!!

karen said...

very very cool! I will case your layout soon!

Catherine said...

Hi Susan! Great card, and thanks for reminding me that I too have tassles I should put to use! Holy sparkles, stamp-girl! LOL They are gorgeous - I've been loving my Stickles lately, so I've definitely caught the sparkle bug, too!

Mary Giles said...

I love this card Susan! The colors are wonderful together and have a 70s nostaligc feel to them which I love. The sparkles all over just make the card that much more special.