My sweet stampin' sister Tanja shared some of her Magnolia images with me and I used one of the Tildas on this get-well card for Catherine, who I'm happy to say, is feeling much, much better and looking just peachy! We went to an all-day crop at Archivers on Sunday, where WE GOT SO MUCH DONE that now we're both LOOKING for things to do! (yeah, right)
Tilda is colored up with Copics, and the more I use them, the more I love them! They're actually quite user friendly, and although I have quite a way to go as far as creating beautiful depth with them, I am beginning to understand the whole layering thing.
I added some shimmer to her wings with a sweep of PearlEx over VersaMarker, and embellished with some ribbon, dewdrops, and a frosted green heart. Finally, in the style of the amazingly creative Carolyn, I did finish the inside with some layers of DP and cardstock. It's nowhere near the masterpieces that Carolyn creates, but at least the inside isn't as naked as a jaybird!
So back to my reasons for more frequent blog posting:
- I want to use the stash of papers, ribbons, and embellies I've been hoarding.
- I want to alter all the stuff I have in the plastic tote under my table.
- I want to use my Copics so that I can get the hang of them.
- I want to use the 70+ card kits in my possession (with more on their way soon!).
- I want to play in some sketch challenges and color challenges and stamp company challenges because they look like fun!
- I want to make and send cards to people just because.
- I want to quit my day job and just play in my craft room!!!
Okay, fine, so that last one is not going to happen unless I or someone who likes me hits the MegaUberGinormousPowerGigaballLottery and shares with me. But I think the other items on my list are realistic with a little planning and dedication on my part. And surely, The Man or The Girl will do the laundry, shop for groceries, cook, feed The Furry Ones, dust & vacuum, and pay the utilities. (Look, the incomparable Kadie may be able to rock the stampin' world by candlelight, but I can't.)
I hope you'll visit again to see what else I've been doing in my spare time while avoiding housework!