Monday, January 4, 2010

KitCat Too Much Snow!


Happy New Year everyone! Really? Have we just moved into a brand-new year already? I guess what they say is true - the older you get, the faster the time goes by. (Who are 'they' anyway and what gives 'them' so much credibility? LOL)

I don't know about where you live, but 2010 here in Western PA has started off frigid and blustery and snowy and is just not letting up with school delays due to wind chills and snow every day as far out as they're predicting! This is the kind of weather that makes me just want to stay home and snuggle because it, combined with the shortened days, tends to sap my energy for all things non-essential. It's definitely not my favorite kind of weather, but it's oh-so-perfect for this month's KitCat card! (Yes, I know, I'm a day late in posting - remember my reference to non-essential energy sapping?)

Jeanette was December's hostess and could not have chosen a better image than this adorable snowman, called Too Much Snow from Plum Purdy. He was so much fun to color, and I have to tell you - his resemblance of yours truly after she ate her way through the days between Thanksgiving and New Years is just remarkable!

Jeanette also included some die-cut snowflakes that I dazzled up with glitter, the wonderful flocked snowflake ribbon, the sparkly, bluesy, wintry DPs, and some clear glittery buttons (that I didn't use on this card but will on another featuring Mr. Snowman in the future.) As if all of that wasn't enough, she even included a small bag of snow (for Kelly's sake so she could have some snow in Florida) that she made by rubbing two foam balls together -- genius!! I used my snow on the scalloped Nestie and, using a glue pen, made some of it "fall" around Mr. Snowman. The effect in real life is just fabulous!

Jeanette, thanks for such a wonderful, wintry, sparkly kit! Of course, the other Kittens have once again made beautiful wintry cards with their kits, so be sure to hop over to their blogs to check them out!
Catherine
Jeanette
Kelly
Lorie
Michelle
Every one of the kits so far has been amazing, and this month, it's my turn to put together something for the kittens to create. Yay!

I'm also entering this card for the Sweet & Sassy Stamping Around Challenge. There's plenty of time to enter, so ink up your favorite snowman stamp to play!

OH, in case you're wondering what happened to my sketch cards for TGF's 12 Days of Sketches, well . . . I made it through Sketch 9 before running out of time. But I am going to post each of them here, and I *will* create cards using all 12 sketches! Being entered to win the entire January release would have been great, but it's more important for me to follow through what I started by finishing this set of sketches.

And there you have one of my biggest resolutions - stay the course! Don't get distracted by sparkly things or some unfinished project on my craft desk!! And lose 20 pounds. And get organized. And somehow become independently wealthy so I can just stay home and stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back to check out my TGF sketches cards. Wishing you all countless blessings and reasons to smile in the new year!

DETAILS
Image: Plum Purdy “Too Much Snow”
Ink: Memento
Cardstock: Papertrey, SU
Patterned Paper: Masterpiece Studios
Copics: 0,B21,B95,C1,C2,C4,E21,E31,E35,R22,R29,Y23,YR18
Accessories: Glitter, Nestabilities, dimensionals, MS snowflake punch

10 comments:

Lorie said...

Heheheh! Susan, those all sound like very good resolutions!! I love the don't get distracted by sparkly things! LOL!!

Your card is beautiful! I love the way you used the ribbon around the panels, and the way you used the snow on the background circle looks fabulous!! Combine that with beautiful coloring, and embellies perfectly placed, and you have one big HIT here!! Awesome!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Anonymous said...

Oh Susan, your card is adorable...I love it...I also, love and agree with your resolutions...I think they are right on target for my life as well lol...(especially the get organized one..)..I love your coloring and the layout of your card...great job....

Susan (rainy) said...

What a darling and fun card. I love all the detail and dimension.

Catherine said...

OMGosh, Sus! Totally worth the wait and gorgeous! LOVE the falling snow and the layout is fab! Love how you layered the PP Jeanette sent and your coloring is beauteous! Love the extra snowflakes - they give great dimension.

I'm right with ya on those resolutions!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Susan... oh my! This card is absolutely beauttiful - STUNNING! I love the way you used the papers, such fun layers. And the coloring of the snowman is fantastic! You've done an outstanding job!

I think your resolutions are great ones... I should tackle them, too! ;)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

oh perfect! I love the dotted snow around the circle, so cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the your sketches too. They've been awesome!

kadie said...

OOOOOH, can you send some snow my way? Now that the holidays are over I would love some more time off work! :) I always look forward to your kitcat cards!! This is GORGEOUS! I love the panels and the ribbon draped over them! Gorgeous. I'll be cheering you on with your resolutions! I usually don't make any but this year I have so I'll be right there with you! HUGS

Mary Giles said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS! I love the blues and the sparklie things. How did you put the glitter on the snowflakes because they look all pretty and flawless.

Fabulous resolutions. I'm still thinking what mine should be because the ones I've had for the past 10 years just don't seem to work.

I can't wait to see the rest of your TGF cards. I'm sure they will be amazing.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card - love all the snowflakes and pretty ribbon! Thanks for playing along! :)

karen said...

ooh I likey the layout!