Friday, September 17, 2010

Cheers To You, Laura!



A couple weeks ago, The Girl asked me to make a quick card for a friend's little sister, whom they were taking out to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Oh, I'll use Cosmobella! I said.

Whatever, she said. Don't make it over the top, and be sure to make her a redhead, because it's for Laura.

WHAT??? No! Laura can't possibly be 21! Isn't she still the red-haired little pixie who was so petite that she could share the back center seatbelt with Kelsey, the equally petite brown-haired little pixie? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was picking up the girls at the rink and enjoying their chatter and giggles the whole way home? When did they all grow up?

Suddenly I'm feeling a little old. ***sigh***

But that's okay, because any moment, the menopause will cause a synapse to misfire, sending my thoughts off on another tangent, like Where did I put my glasses?

Hmm, where did I put my glasses . . .

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Have a wonderful day!

DETAILS
Image: Cosmobella by Stamping Bella
Sentiment: Lots of Thoughts by Stampin Up
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Cameo Coral
Cardstock: Stampin Up, Georgia Pacific
Patterned Paper: Que Sera Sera by K&Company
Copics: B91,B95,B97,C4,G20,E000,E00,E21,E57,R22,R29,YG03,YR18
Accents: rhinestones (Recollections), ribbon (Michael's), scallop punch (SU)

2 comments:

Imke said...

Hello Susan, i like the different DP and the Layout. Great coloring of her pants. Very pretty !

Lorie said...

This is a great card, Susan, and I enjoyed reading your post as much as the wonderful card. Thanks for sharing the story of your little pixie friends, all grown up now. You make me smile!!