Sunday, March 6, 2011

KitCats - Like Peas in a Pod!

Welcome to this month's KitCat Sunday!


This month we're each our own Hostess using our own supplies AND this *adorable* Five Peas in a Pod digi that Kitten Kelly commissioned last year from Tracy at Sugar Creek Hollow to create just for us! You can get your hands on your own digi here.  Don't worry, blog friends - we're not digi sharing. The commissioned digi that Kelly paid for included the right for her to provide each of us Kittens a copy to use.

So, tell me - how can you not smile or giggle when you see those five expressive faces!?! I've been known to use umpteen Copics on an image, but this one only took four. Yep, only four! (well, okay, five if you count the dots for the cheeks.)

I chose to use green all the way, and the Origins collection by BasicGrey was  perfect!  Because the patterns are all so beautiful, I chose to use just a few details to finish the card: a few punched leaf branches from SU's two-step bird punch and some soft green rhinestones from Kaiser.

So there you have it! I just love this image and love Kelly for having it created for us. We Kittens are just like peas in a pod!

Be sure to check out what the other Kittens created:
* Kelly * Michelle * Lorie * Jeanette *

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Happy Stamping!

11 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Susan, your card is gorgeous! My! My! My!!! To think you could color that image so perfectly with so few Copics, too! I love your classy style, my friend. This card just hollers SUSAN all over it... Very charming indeed!

Imke said...

Susan, wow this card is fantastic. I like these fun image and your color choice is perfect. You can´t do something wrong with DP from BG- I love it !! Very pretty card !

April said...

What a fantastic card! I love the personalized digi! And, that DP is to die for!!

MiamiKel said...

How absolutely delightful, Susan! This is such a wonderful representation of the KitCats, all snuggled up and smiling and looking adorablely colored! Your coloring is truly to be marveled - what a lovely styled card, too! The bling is just the right touch :) I chose a BG paper, too - arent' they such fun to work with, especially with this pea pod cutie! Kudos for being right out of the gate, too! LOL! Fabulous work, m'dear!!

Carol W said...

Oh my Susan....is this cute. I love your color scheme and layout...great job coloring as well...you rocked this KitCat card...great job my friend...♥♥♥

~Paola~ said...

awww, what a very special card this is....representing all of the fabby Kitkats all cutzy and cuddling together...sweettttt!!
You did such a great job as always Sus!
Please check my blog today..there is a lil surprise for you to grab my dahlin friend...:o)
*muwahhhh* off to bed, will finish the kitties round tomorrow....zzzz

Paola

http://www.paola-sama.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a fun card - I love it! I love love love that we have our own fun image and that we get to create with them. woohoo... Love the springtime feel too - all green and lush! Awesome card Susan ~ Hugs to you!

Catherine said...

OMGreenGoodness! This is sooooo adorable! I just love the image and love that you used the Origins papers. The layout is fab and so is your coloring - WOW!
Beautiful job, chica!
And BTW, I might need to borrow that punch ;)

kadie said...

Love the stamp, Love the kit, Love the card...Love it! You always have such fun ideas for layouts and paper matching!
Sending you big hugs, my sweet friend!

Lorie said...

Susan, your card is so cute! I love, love, love the DP you chose, and the punched leaves and rhinestones make this another beautiful Susan work of art! Very well done!!!

Judy McMullen said...

How delish! Susan, I always love your cards. I so admire how beautifully you design with color, layout and awesome colored images!! This is fantastic!!!