Sunday, February 5, 2012

You're Purr-fect!

(Pre-blog post question: Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong that is making the colors of my photos different? The first one is spot-on, but the others all have that blue tint. Same camera & settings. Same Ott-Lite & background. All taken within 15-20 seconds of each other. Happens all the time - UGH! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Moving on to the post . . .)

(sniffle, sneeze, cough) I'm behind on my creating & posting because for a week now, I've been incubating the upper respiratory ick that everyone seems to have these days. The last 3 days have been miserable, but I am feeling a tad better and hope it's a sign that the worst is over.

It may have taken me a few days (!!) but I finally finished my card for this week's Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #370.

I was actually going to make this a pull-tag card, until I inadvertently damaged the card front, so I made it into a fancy fold instead.

I love this kitty critter by Penny Black that I received in an image swap. I have no PB stamps, but after browsing the website, I'm in love with Mimi and the Critters, so I'll be doing my part to stimulate the economy by adding to my rubber collection!  All of the cardstock, patterned papers, and embellies are from my stash. And because you can't have too many pearls, especially on Valentine's Day, I added some minis to the sentiment by Studio G.


Last week, the one & only Original Punxsutawney Phil may have predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but if temps from mid-40's to upper-50's and sunshine with only a few snow showers in between are his version of that, I'll take it!... Although, I'm sure we're not going to get away unscathed without a big winter storm before the first day of spring. I truly hope you steer clear of the "sick ick" and if you are somewhere that's getting pounded by winter, I hope you're safe and warm! Happy stamping!

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, I LOVE this fold, and I've just gotta try that! Your card is beyond gorgeous, Susan. I lvoe everything about it and have really enjoyed my visit to your blog! So glad to have you back and I hope you're feeling much better!

Love ya!
Lorie

dweatter said...

I love how this card opens at the bottom. I totally have to try this. What an adorable image. Should I go to the PB website???hmmm...and being a lover of pink your colors are perfect as are all the pearls.

Catherine said...

This is why I don't put any faith in the weather predictions of rodents. ;)
So sorry to hear you also have the ick. I spent most of the weekend in bed (or unconcious on the couch) with the ick. Hope you feel better soon!
Your card is adorable and so cheery! I'm not sure why cameras do that light thing, so I just deal with it in photo editing. (I'm very sophisticated. I use Microsoft Picture Manager. LOL!) But if you figure it out, please let me know!
(((Anti-Ick Hugs)))

Mary Giles said...

Such a super cute card. Love the fold and image. {hugs}