Thursday, February 12, 2009

Anatomy of a Card Kit

Wow, I haven't posted in -- *gasp* -- over two weeks!! But thankfully, my work life is calming down and I can begin to get back to the things that relax me, like stamping and crafting and such.

So you read a few weeks back that I'm hosting my first
Card Kit Swap over on SCS. I am so excited because it's turning out better than I ever imagined!! To date, we have 19 wonderful swappers filling 48 spots ... and we're still open for more swappers!

I just think these cards kits are great, so I signed up to be in a Stamping Bella card kit swap hosted by DawnB. Let me tell you, making these card kits is a breeze, and it's really fun selecting the image, then choosing the DP, ribbon, and embellies to include to make it special.

But I noticed that a lot of newbies like me had no idea exactly what a card kit would look like. Michelle graciously provided a pic for my swap thread (thanks hun!) but I thought I'd include a few pics of my kits for the Bella swap here.


A basic kit usually includes:

- 2 stamped images
- 2 sheets of 6x6 DP
- at least 12" of ribbon
- 3+ brads
- something extra for pizzazz




I added another piece of ribbon, a snowflake brad, and some punches as my extras. EDIT: I also threw in some dewdrops and a few more punched shapes right before I mailed them!


I love this green and pink shimmery ribbon that I found at Michael's in the dollar bin. I think it compliments the Brooke Paisley and Brooke Stripe DPs by Making Memories. I wanted to use "non-winter" colors for this kit and though this green & pink combo worked nicely. You can see the snowflake brad too.



I thought some snowflakes would be nice, so I punched snowflakes from vellum and shimmery cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch (that I picked up, along with 3 others, at Walmart for $2 each!)




Just pop all of this into a ziploc bag and there you have it - a card kit! Easy peasy!

Soooo, now that you see how easy this is, pop over and join us in the
Guys & Dolls Card Kit Swap! There's plenty of room and time to join in the fun!

Happy Creating!
Susan

3 comments:

kadie said...

ooooooo, what a fun and simple tutorial. I can't wait. You took such good pics for this little lesson in card kits!!

~Paola~ said...

1.2.3.testing testing....
IF this work it will be my first 'official' Sistahs blog post!
Awesome tutorial Susan, I for one definetly NEEDED to see it so clearly! TXS! :o)
Funny thing...I have same DP as well as the one U used for Stephanie's friends card!...
Same taste eh??:o)
ok,I'm going to click the 'send' button and hope for the best!! lol

~Paola~ said...

YEAHHHHHhhhhhh!! it worked!! :o)LOL