Sunday, December 20, 2009

TGF's 12 Days of Sketches: Day 1


Have you heard? Over on The Greeting Farm blog you'll find The 12 Days of Sketches Challenge! What a great way to keep our mojo motivated during the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season!

The color inspiration for my Pretty Hat Card for Day One's Sketch by Cindy Haffner comes from the yummy-licious Wild Raspberry collection from K&Company. Oooo, I just *love* all the colors in that collection and will be using more of it during these 12 days.

There are lots of distressed layers to this card as well as my favorites - pearls, pearls, and more pearls! Oh, and I found the peachy moire ribbon in my stash and thought it was something that Anya might tie in her hair!

So there you have it! Today's post is short & sweet 'cuz this girl has lots of hustling and bustling to do today. And tomorrow. And....

If you still need more motivation to play in this challenge, how about this: everyone who completes all 12 sketches by January 3 will be entered into a drawing to win the entire January TFG release! WOO-HOO!

I'm so glad you stopped by for a visit today. Happy creating!

DETAILS
Image: The Greeting Farm “Pretty Hat Anya”
Ink: Memento, Ranger Distress
Cardstock: Stampin Up
Paper: K&Company "Wild Raspberry"
Copics: 0,E00,E000,E25,E31,E35,E47,E57,R22,R24,RV000,Y21,Y23,Y26,YR00
Accessories: Flat-back pearls, Primas, ribbon, dimensionals

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! Susan this is the most gorgeous card!!! I love every little detail... you've put so much into this card and it is stunning!!!

MiamiKel said...

THUD ..... this is such a vision, Susan! Just darling - from the yummy paper (I haven't broken in to mine yet!) to the little pearls - so delicate and soft and feminine! Wonderfully done!!

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! Well actually 'oh YOUR goodness'! Chica, seriously! You have had a volcanic eruption of mojo magnificence! This is gorgo eous and I'm drooling over all the pearly perfection! Beautiful colors & coloring! Beyond adorable & sweet! YGG!

kadie said...

This is OUTSTANDING!! I love it!! Oh-so elegant! Those pearls and the distressing, as well as your coloring, is GORgeous! I can't wait to see what you do with all the sketches! HUGS

Mary Giles said...

Susan this is just gorgeous! I love the colors and my you sure do know how to use your markers girlie! I can't wait to see what all you do with the sketches.

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a great card!!!!Outstanding...love the coloring...the pearls, the dsp, the layout...honestly there is nothing about this card I don't love...it is truly amazing...way to go Susan....