Friday, November 12, 2010

For My Far-Away Friend

I made this card for my far-away friend and SOTC sister, Tanja.  Oh, we've never seen each other in real life, but through fate and the magic of the Internet, we met online over at SCS swapping cards!
This past summer, Tanja and her hubby moved back to Germany with their sweet little boys, and it seemed to be a double-edged sword for her. On one hand, she would miss the life and friends they had made here in the U.S., but on the other hand, moving would mean she would be close to her family again.

So when the sweet Paola was hostess for SOTC in June, she volunteered to ship cards to Tanja from the Sisters to let her know we were thinking about her and that she's never more than a thought away.

So for my card, I chose to feature the sweet Spring Emma from C.C. Designs perched on her Swing. Both stamps were birthday treats from a dear SOTC sister - thanks, sweetie! It's hard to see in the big picture, but I added some laces to her shoes with DMC thread. Here's a close-up.

That cheery patterned paper is from the English Garden collection by Making Memories, which features designs reminiscent of wallpaper from the days of my youth - love it!


I wanted to send along a little something extra, so I crocheted a scarf for Tanja using a gorgeous yarn by Palette. The color is appropriately named Atlantic and is a wonderful combination of dark jade and forest greens touched with blues ranging from deep Prussian to pale porcelain. Unfortunately, the picture doesn't do this yarn justice. And even more unfortunately, you can't feel it, because it is one of the softest yarns I've ever felt! I really hope Tanja feels a virtual hug from me whenever she wears it!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Imke said...

Hi Susan, your card looks so sweet and i´m sure Tanja will be very happy about it.

Judy McMullen said...

Another outstanding card, Susan! I'm sure Tanja was thrilled to receive it along with that gorgeous scarf!!

Carol W said...

Oh Susan, I love this card and the scarf. The card is amazing and I am glad you pointed out the shoelaces as when I look I can see them...they are adorable. You have done a wonderful job with this and I am sure sweet Tanja is going to be ever so grateful and feel well loved...♥♥♥ you are so sweet!!!

Lorie said...

This is just as sweet as can be, Susan! The beautiful, bright summer colors are so cheerful and fun, and I LOVE C.C. Designs images!!! Emma is one of my favs and you've colored her just beautifully!!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun/cute card... and that scarf is gorgeous!