Wednesday, December 9, 2009

KitCat Cocoa Puff

It's KitCat time! Yes, we normally post on the first Sunday of the month, but we kittens needed a little more time (some of us (me) more than others as I am getting this post up just in the nick of time).



This month's hostess was the super-sweet and talented Catherine, who sent us adorable Cocoa Puff images by Victoria Case for Susana's Custom Art and Card Design along with some yummy Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses papers and fun, funky fibers!

Another square card...I just can't get enough of them! After coloring with Copics, I cut out the image and placed it on a circle of embossed snowflakes that I sparkled up a wee bit with some flat-back rhinestones. Just a couple snowflake brads and the fun, funky fibers from my kit and presto! There's a card! I'm not completely thrilled with this; I wish I had done something less symmetrical and more fluid. Oh well, next time!

Oooo, I can't *wait* to see how the other kittens have worked their magic with these kits! Be sure to check them out:
Catherine
Jeanette
Kelly
Lorie
Michelle

I know this post is really short but I'm really tired and need to go to bed before my head crashes into the keyboard!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Creating!

DETAILS
Image: Victoria Case "Cocoa Puff"
Ink: Memento
Cardstock: PTI, Stampin Up
Papers: Basic Grey Eskimo Kiss Collection
Copics: B21, C1, C4, E000, G40, G99, R20, R22, R24, RV000, V15, V17, Y11, Y21
Accessories: Rhinestones, Snowflake brads, fiber, Sakura Gelly Roll, Nestabilities

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Well, you may not be completely thrilled with this, but I am! I love your interpretation of this kit, and you cut that image out?!!! That took some doing, and it looks great against that cuttlebugged background. Just the right amoung of bling, too! I love that so many of you girls are using copics. I've been afraid to try, but I love the look of yours so much, I may have to give it a go. Thanks for sharing, Susan, and this was DEFINITELY worth waiting for!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Susan your card is so pretty! I love the way you cut out the image... wow! That's amazing and it really looks great against those embossed snowflakes. I also really like the way you meshed the fibers together. Gorgeous!!!

kadie said...

AWESOME! I love how you've cut out the image and then placed cuttlebug texture behind her! You girls do such amazing things with your kits!! Thanks for the inspiration, Dear Susan!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an amazing layout. I absolutely love the texture and the circle! Beyond wonderful.

MiamiKel said...

Susan, it might be last but it's certainly not least! This is darling! Love the CB circle that you have her nestled in - what a sweetly colored image! This is darling!!

Catherine said...

OMGoodness! SUSAN!!!!!!!!!!!
This is absolutely fantabulous!!!!!! I love how you did the layout! And threading the fiber around the scallops! And the embossed & blinged snowflake background! And all the cutting around the image - my stars!
This might be my fave Susan card evah! Awesome, awesome, AWESOME job!!!!!!!!!!